Thursday, October 23, 2008

I Get my Boobies Squished, Yes I Do! I Get my Boobies Squished, How 'Bout You???

All clear on the home front yesterday! No more Mammos till I'm 40!!! Whoo-Hoo!

Actually, it was High Drama. Because Biggsy is the "One Who Works," I asked him how long it would take me to get to my 7:30 a.m. appointment. We agreed that two hours was probably an accurate time, allotting for traffic and all that jazz.

If you know me well, you know I am NOT a morning person. I'm convinced that people are not supposed to get up until the sun does. Getting up at 5:00 a.m. is never an option.

But I did.

And I left the house at 5:20 -- just ahead of schedule. And didn't hit my breaks until I pulled into the parking lot! At 6:00! There was one other car in the parking lot when I got there. So I took a little nap and went in about 7:00 to get checked in. My idea: the sooner I check in, the sooner I get squished, the sooner I get home.

Not so, Joe.

They didn't have the films that we had ordered from Dallas. The receptionist informed me that there would be no squishing until the films arrived from Dallas. I would have to reschedule.

Oh no. I informed her that I'd gotten up before the crack of dawn (She didn't look a bit sympathetic -- seems she does that ever day.) Left my home way out in the country at 5:20 so I could sleep in her parking lot for an hour. My husband had to get the kids ready for school, etc.

She said she'd keep looking. I suggested she check with my doctor's office. They didn't open until 8:30.

When they did open, they did have the films, and we did get going. And I'm all good.

And here's the "God Part." I really hadn't told anyone about this mammo because of "the thing." I didn't think it was a big deal, but really just wanted to make sure. My doctor didn't think it was a big deal, either. But I didn't want it all blown out of proportion, so I kept it quiet..... Just blogging about it to my four readers the night before.

But ya'll know Suzi and I have this connection. And last night she called to say I'd been on her heart since 6:30 a.m. (While I was asleep in that parking lot.) That she'd been praying for me and a scripture had kept coming to mind. Isn't that cool? Because the whole time I was down there, I didn't feel one bit freaked out. I was calm, I did what I needed to do, and all is well.

So now it's your turn. Go check your chi-chi's.

No comments: